Pizza is one of those things that I’m always going to have a soft spot for. I remember when I was first experimenting with gluten-free flours to replace in my homemade pizza crust recipe over a decade ago and they were downright disgusting. Note to self: never experiment with bean flour again! I wasn’t aware of the ever-s0-lovely cassava flour back then. Man that would have saved me many tears over failed crusts!
Otto’s Cassava flour has become one of my favorites because:
- It is an all-natural, amazing, grain-free replacement for wheat flour and can often be used as a 1:1 substitute in countless recipes
- No fillers. Only 100% Yuca (Cassava) and water are used to create this single-ingredient wonder.
- Does not have that familiar dry or “alternative flour” taste or texture that often comes with gluten-free flours.
- Baked goods made with Otto’s are often indistinguishable from their wheat based counterparts in taste and texture.
- Use it in sweet recipes like cakes, cookies, brownies, pancakes, and crepes.
- Use it in savory recipes like tempura, sauces, gravy, and searing flour.
- Very highest quality cassava flour available, made using a proprietary method that leaves no chance for mold, fermentation, or cyanide.
Over the last year, I’ve been learning a ton of new (and sort of heartbreaking) things about our olive oil supply. Without going into the gory details, we’ve been duped when it comes to the health benefits and quality of many olive oils on the supermarket shelves. There are a couple great companies out there, and my favorite by far is Kasandrinos Extra Virgin Olive Oil because it:
- 100% pure organic extra virgin olive oil
- Current year harvest (the longer oil sits, the less nutritious it becomes)
- Single source olive oil from Laconia Greece
- Direct to consumer (not sitting under harsh lights in the supermarket for months and years essentially going rancid)
- Lowest possible acidity level, much lower than most extra virgin oil
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.