Chocolate covered strawberries are a healthy dessert when made with organic berries and dark chocolate.
And they’re quick and simple to make, too!
How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (I like Enjoy Life Brand)
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 pound organic strawberries with stems (about 20), washed and dried very well
- Put the semisweet and white chocolates into 2 separate heatproof medium bowls.
- Fill 2 medium saucepans with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat; set the bowls of chocolate over the water to melt. Stir until smooth.
- (Alternatively, melt the chocolates in a microwave at half power, for 1 minute, stir and then heat for another minute or until melted.)
- Once the chocolates are melted and smooth, remove from the heat.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl.
- Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries. Put white chocolate in a small ziplock and snip a small piece off the tip to drizzle over strawberries.
- Alternately, you can dip a fork in the white chocolate and drizzle over strawberries, but I think the other way is prettier 😉
- Set the strawberries in fridge until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.
2016 Camille's Paleo Kitchen
[responsive_video type=’youtube’ hide_related=’1′ hide_logo=’0′ hide_controls=’0′ hide_title=’0′ hide_fullscreen=’0′ autoplay=’0′]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zhElw-qv3U[/responsive_video]