This is far and away my favorite paleo granola recipe, and I’ve tried several! I like to choose a trail mix that has a nice combination of nuts and seeds with some dried fruit like cranberries or even dried blueberries. You can experiment with different spices like ginger and cardamom, too. I recommend doubling, tripling or even quadrupling your batch of this granola and storing extra in quart size bags in the freezer.
Easy Grain-Free Pumpkin Granola (paleo, vegan, refined sugar-free)
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 15 ounce can pureed Pumpkin
- 1 cup Dates paste
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups trail mix (nuts, dried fruit and seeds), lightly chopped
- 3 cups flaked or shredded unsweetened Coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, mix first 5 ingredients (through salt). Add trail mix and coconut and mix well with clean hands. Spread in a thin layer on large rimmed baking sheets, preferably covered with a silpat or parchment paper. If these are not available, grease pan with coconut oil. Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes for even cooking. Allow to cool before serving. I like this with homemade nut milk (or coconut milk) and fresh berries.
2016 Camille's Paleo Kitchen