This Easy Paleo Fettuccine Alfredo is a very special recipe, my friends. Not only is it very fast to make, it’s a big hit at every potluck and dinner party! It is so rich and flavorful, that you will forget all about glutinous pasta and cream sauce that spends a moment on your lips and 4 hours digesting in a slow and painful food coma. You can swap this out for the cream sauce in any recipe.
Easy Paleo Fettuccine Alfredo
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cashew Cream Sauce:
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked at least 4 hours
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat (or truffle oil)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large garlic clove
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and roast flesh-side down until fork tender, about 40 minutes.
- Scoop seeds and allow to cool enough to handle.
- While squash cooks, prepare sauce.
- Blend cashews and garlic in food processor, adding water slowly to create smooth sauce.
- Add remaining ingredients and season with salt to taste.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet on medium high and add a little fat (bacon, clarified butter, or coconut oil).
- Sear on both sides, then add broccoli florets and cover.
- Turn heat down and allow chicken and broccoli to cook through, about 6 more minutes.
- Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- String spaghetti squash into a bowl and toss with a little salt, pepper and olive oil.
- To assemble, lay a small bed of spaghetti squash on plate, top with sauce, chopped chicken and broccoli.
- Alternately, can mix everything together in a big bowl and serve, but layering is prettier.
2016 Camille's Paleo Kitchen