I first went paleo when I was 32 to heal my adrenal and thyroid issues and was pretty amazed how quickly all of my extra weight and puffiness from inflammation melted away.
Then at 35 I got pregnant, had a healthy pregnancy and bounced back to my pre-pregnancy weight within 6 weeks of giving birth. Woo hoo!
Not so fast…
We moved to a new town when Orion was only 2 months old and I fell into a depression… no friends, most of my time spent figuring out how to care for a tiny human, so much stress trying to keep my business going…
Then just like that, I started gaining weight again, mostly because my coping mechanism was to eat cookies, lots of homemade paleo cookies, at night after everyone went to bed.
Before I knew it, I was up to 202 pounds, my heaviest weight ever. It seems like it just packed on overnight, but in the blur of new motherhood, it likely took a couple months.
I then tried the EXACT same things that took the weight off the first time, but it STILL would not budge.
Stress, hormones, lack of sleep were surely to blame.
I tried keto, raw vegan and several other combos, none of which took off more than a couple pounds and left me feeling pretty frustrated…
We moved to Maui in June and I started working with a couple new practitioners who recommended a 180 degree change from what I’d been doing and within a couple weeks, I’d lost 15 pounds, my joints stopped hurting and I started feeling like my old self again, which is pretty miraculous since I’m still chasing a toddler around and running a business.
In conjunction with that, my whole lifestyle changed. More time in nature, early to bed and early to rise, less technology and more quiet.
I reconnected with my friend, paleo nutritionist Kinsey Jackson, when she came to the island a couple weeks ago and shared my journey with her.
She told me that she wasn’t at all surprised by my story and reminded me what I had forgotten:
“The stress, poor sleep and hormonal changes brought on by motherhood changed your chemistry, so its no wonder you needed a different and more personalized paleo approach this time around.”
We talked about how stress causes chronic inflammation and weight gain because it leads to emotional eating. Not only that, the ongoing release of cortisol wreaks havoc on the body.
I was blown away by everything she said about how stress can manifest and the multi-pronged approach that must be taken to resolve it.
I looked at the still-remaining roll of fat on my midsection and asked her if the real cause of belly fat is too much of the stress hormone, cortisol, and she confirmed it was likely a big part of it.
I shared with her what I’d been learning from my local bodyworker, TJ. He’s played an important role in helping me identify the emotional component of my health issues and my body has started releasing them and healing naturally.
In reviewing our shared personal experiences and from working with women ranging in age 35-75, we outlined a personalized and more comprehensive approach to healing and weight loss than we’ve seen offered in the paleo community.
We are SUPER excited about what we’ve created and have decided to offer a series of 5 day retreats here on Maui called “Personalized Paleo in Paradise”.
1. You will work 1-on-1 with Kinsey before you arrive to determine your customized paleo eating plan. This is a dramatically different approach than trying every new fad diet that comes your way and hoping something will stick (like I did over the last year without success and a lot of frustration).
2. You will cook with me in my kitchen and learn the recipes and cooking techniques that will yield the most success preparing delicious paleo meals faster, cheaper and easier than eating out. This means more time doing the things you love, less time stressing over meals, but still always having your personalized paleo meals on hand so you can stick to your plan and see results!
3. You will discover the “secrets to self care and stress relief” that will help you end emotional and binge eating, put out the fires of chronic inflammation in your body and simply feel happier and more fulfilled from day to day without needing food as am emotional crutch.
4. You will learn directly from master healer, TJ Frank, about the connection between imbalances in your physical body, the organ systems they are connected to, and their emotional root.
As I’ve been doing this work with him over the last several months, I have learned so many things about myself and the new thought and belief patterns that have brought my body back into balance.
This may sound woo-woo, but by following his advice and focusing on new “healing” beliefs and mindset, you will able to undo patterns of thought and deeply held beliefs about yourself that may have been stuck in your body and hidden from view for decades.
5. It’s Maui! If you’ve been here, you know this is a very special place that is not only beautiful, its also deeply calming and rejuvenating.
Each day we will explore one of my favorite spots and you will leave feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and empowered to support your body, mind and spirit in new ways.
6. We’re doing everything for you! From the time we pick you up at the airport, to the time you leave, we have all of the details covered. Your job, if you can call it that, is to learn, embrace new aspects of the healing journey, relax and have fun!
7. Each retreat includes a 1 month follow-up with me to ensure that you can integrate everything you learned once you return home. It also includes another 45 minute consult with Kinsey to tweak and fine tune your personalized eating plan.
If this sounds great to you, I invite you to checkout this page with more details and fill out an application to join us.
From there, we will get on a call to determine if this is a good fit and timing for you. Don’t worry, its not some high-pressure sales call. Just a conversation so I can best support you in the next steps of your journey.
Hope to see you on Maui soon!
With love and aloha!!
P.S. Here’s what one of my previous clients said about working with me:
“I’m so happy that I discovered Camille and decided to take advantage of her personalized coaching program. In only a month, Camille has helped me make progress in areas that I’ve been struggling with for years.
Camille is very honest about the struggles she’s been through and that makes her very empathetic. She’s also extremely intuitive, and has a unique approach that’s a combination of practical, cognitive techniques along with more traditional therapy methods.
My relationship with food has improved tremendously and, more importantly, my relationship with myself. My days feel calmer, and I’m operating less out of fear and more out of love and possibility.
Thank you, Camille, for being so generous with yourself and for the wonderful work you’re doing.” – Lisa M, Los Angeles
Harnessing 10 years of experience as a private chef to the Southern California elite and a deep understanding of the healing properties of food, Camille is committed to transforming the lives of those she touches by helping them shifting healthcare from the medicine cabinet to the pantry and the doctors office to the garden.