I am absolutely IN LOVE with this recipe, not only because its the best textured paleo granola bar I’ve made (I love that its crispy and chewy at the same time), but because it uses grass fed gelatin, which I’ve come to love for all of its amazing health benefits.
Gelatin is essentially dehydrated bone broth, which you’ve hear me talk about in length in other posts. Its is a great source of amino acids, which support a healthy mood, strong bones, smooth skin and proper muscle synthesis. It is important to get gelatin from the best grass fed/ pastured animals to avoid hormones, pesticides and heavy metal contamination.
There are a number of good gelatin and collagen supplements on the market, but I love Perfect Bovine Gelatin because it offers all of these features:
- 100% Beef Gelatin (Collagen Protein)
- Sourced EXCLUSIVELY From Brazilian Pasture Raised (Grass Fed) Cows
- 100% Natural and Pesticide and Hormone Free
- Lactose & Dairy Free
- 98% Protein and 0 Carbs and 0 Fat Per Serving
- Gels and Thickens Recipes
- Perfect For Gummy Treats, Fruit Gelatin, Soups, Custards, Marshmallows and More!
- Lab Tested With Proof of Purity
- No Fillers of Flow Agents – Just Pure Collagen Protein
What Is The Difference Between Collagen and Gelatin?
Gelatin is just cooked collagen. Both our collagen and gelatin come from the same pasture-raised, grass-fed cows and both are awesome! Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen will completely dissolve in any liquid and has no taste. The Perfect Bovine Gelatin gels and thickens – so it is an excellent choice for making healthy gummy treats, jello and custards.