Paleo Caramel Apples (Vegan, Raw, Refined Sugar-free)
By Camille Macres in Desserts, Snacks and Portables, Uncategorized
Are you looking for a super simple, low-sugar alternative to pie this Thanksgiving? Give these delicious caramel apples a try! They are paleo, vegan and raw! Don’t forget that you will want to make the date caramel early enough that it can chill for several hours before you spread it on the apples 🙂
- 18 medjool dates, softened in hot water for 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chopped roasted and salted nuts
- Shredded coconut
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 6 Granny Smith Apples
- Blend dates in a food processor until very creamy, at least 1 minutes and up to 3. Add next 6 ingredients (oil-salt) and blend well. Chill until completely cold, at least 5 hours.
- Wash apples and skewer through the center with popsicle sticks or chop sticks.
- Spread evenly around the apple and roll in your choice of topping like chopped nuts, coconut cacao nibs and chocolate chips.
2016 Camille's Paleo Kitchen