Oh doughnuts, the villain responsible for my freshman 15 weight gain in college. I used to buy entire boxes of vanilla doughnut holes at the convenient store next to my dorm and devour them late at night while studying. Thankfully I have made peace with my doughnut obsession now that I began using Otto’s cassava flour swapped for the gluten, baked them instead of eating ones deep fried in inflammatory seed oil, and cut the sugar way down, replacing it with healthier alternatives. These lil guys are full of flavor and satisfying.
Otto’s Cassava flour has become one of my favorites because:
- It is an all-natural, amazing, grain-free replacement for wheat flour and can often be used as a 1:1 substitute in countless recipes
- No fillers. Only 100% Yuca (Cassava) and water are used to create this single-ingredient wonder.
- Does not have that familiar dry or “alternative flour” taste or texture that often comes with gluten-free flours.
- Baked goods made with Otto’s are often indistinguishable from their wheat based counterparts in taste and texture.
- Use it in sweet recipes like cakes, cookies, brownies, pancakes, and crepes.
- Use it in savory recipes like tempura, sauces, gravy, and searing flour.
- Very highest quality cassava flour available, made using a proprietary method that leaves no chance for mold, fermentation, or cyanide.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.