Here’s a super simple and delicious recipe perfect for entertaining that’s low-carb, paleo, grain and gluten-free.
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and rinsed
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 jalapenos, halved, seeded, and cut into thin slices
- 1 lb bacon strips, halved
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 lime, quartered
- In a small bowl mix together garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl and season with 3/4 of the spice mixture, tossing to evenly coat.
- Working with one shrimp at a time, make a slit about 3/4-inch long as base of shrimp.
- Place one jalapeno slice in cut slit, then wrap base of shrimp all the way around with half a slice of bacon.
- Repeat with rest of shrimp.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and season lightly with remaining spice mixture.
- Brush shrimp lightly with coconut oil.
- Grill shrimp over high heat until bacon crisps and shrimp just cook through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove to a platter and serve with lime wedges.
2016 Camille's Paleo Kitchen
[responsive_video type=’youtube’ hide_related=’1′ hide_logo=’0′ hide_controls=’0′ hide_title=’0′ hide_fullscreen=’0′ autoplay=’0′]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEUAFwhzUgg[/responsive_video]