Forget lame-o tortillas for your next sandwich wrap and try collard greens instead.
They have a surprisingly mild flavor, stand-up well to moisture, and are very low in carbs and high in nutrition!
Smoked Salmon Collard Wraps
- 8 large raw collard greens
- 1/2 cup paleo mayo
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 semi-ripe, but firm avocados, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup capers
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- fresh lemon juice
- Remove most of thick collard stalk (as shown in video), making sure the top remains intact.
- Begin by overlapping large cut end of collard leaf and spreading 1-2 teaspoons mayo on leaf, then salmon, followed by a couple slices avocado, capers, red onion and a small squeeze of lemon juice. Wrap up cut end first and then slice in half following where the cut was made to remove the stem.
2016 Camille's Paleo Kitchen
[responsive_video type=’youtube’ hide_related=’1′ hide_logo=’0′ hide_controls=’0′ hide_title=’0′ hide_fullscreen=’0′ autoplay=’0′]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9toDePEnNk[/responsive_video]