This is the BEST way to get healthy, protein and nutrient packed start on your day!
I make lots in advance and pop them in the freezer for weekday mornings on the run!
Southwestern Omelet Muffins
- 6 ounces breakfast sausage links, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, assorted colors, chopped small
- ½ cup green onions, chopped small
- ¾ cup kale, chopped small
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder (or 2 cloves chopped fresh garlic)
- 4 ounce can Hatch green chiles, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 dozen eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add sausage and brown all around.
- Add peppers and kale and cook to soften, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with remaining ingredients.
- Add sausage and veggies.
- Line muffin tins with papers and divide egg mixture among them, filling about ¾ full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the center is firm to the touch.
- Variations: You can add any combination of meats, veggies and seasoning to this recipe. I love using leftover meat and roasted veggies from the night before!
2016 Camille's Paleo Kitchen