Spicy Asian Apricot Ribs
Learn to layer and balance flavors like a 5-star chef with this epic paleo rib recipe the whole family will love.
- 2 pounds baby back ribs, preferably organic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mexican or Asian spice blend, if desired
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups apricot jam
- 1/4-1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tbsp freshly chopped ginger
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350. Wash and dry ribs.
- Rub salt, pepper and any other spices you like on the ribs (I like cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper, coconut sugar and dry mustard together).
- Place in roasting pan and cover with foil.
- Put in oven to cook for 2 hours.
- Wile ribs cook, make sauce.
- Blend the smaller measurement of each ingredient listed together in a bowl and adjust according to your personal preferences.
- A great exercise in learning to balance flavors! Pour into a small saucepan and allow to reduce until the sauce coats the back of a spoon the consistency of maple syrup.
- At this point, you can add part of the sauce to the ribs and continue to cook another hour or so, or if ribs are tender enough to eat, cut in pairs of 2 and drizzle sauce over the top (as in the video).
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion and serve.
2016 Camille's Paleo Kitchen
[responsive_video type=’youtube’ hide_related=’1′ hide_logo=’0′ hide_controls=’0′ hide_title=’0′ hide_fullscreen=’0′ autoplay=’0′]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OsWTtmOMsU[/responsive_video]