Here’s one of my favorite crowd pleasing recipes! I like to make a triple batch of meatballs and freeze individually for a quick meal. Just throw them on a salad with some vinaigrette and you have dinner!
Vietnamese Lettuce Cups with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup red onion
- Handful fresh mint
- Handful fresh cilantro
- 1 pound ground chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-4 drops lemongrass essential oil (or 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped lemongrass)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ cup rice vinegar (you could use coconut or white wine vinegar, but I like this one)
- 1/4 cup chili garlic paste
- ½ cup raw honey
- Butter lettuce
- Cooked meatballs
- Sliced radishes
- Shredded carrots
- Sliced cucumbers
- Shredded beets
- Sweet chili sauce
- Chopped green onions
Sweet Chili Sauce:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Chop red onion, lemongrass, mint and cilantro in food processor and add to a large bowl. Add ground chicken (I like to grind my own chicken thighs in the food processor, but you can also buy pre-ground), lime juice, fish sauce, arrowroot, cayenne, salt and essential oil (if not using chopped lemongrass). Mix well and form into balls. The mixture will be wet, but thats ok.
- Bake at 450 for about 20 minutes, or until firm.
- While the meatballs cook, make your sauce. Combine arrowroot powder with water to dissolve, then add with the rest of the ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a boil to activate the arrowroot powder.
- Serve with butter lettuce and your choice of veggies and top with sauce. I like to make this with the spring rolls (other video in this series) and use the same veggies. They go great together for a party!
2016 Camille's Paleo Kitchen